- raised on a grain & cattle farm near Hardisty, Alberta
- graduated from the University of Alberta with a degree in Agriculture
- farmed in the Vermilion area since l981
- Neil has worked at several contract and employment positions with Farm Credit Corporation, Alberta Agriculture, the Farm Debt Review Board, Agricultural Financial Services Corporation, and the Alberta Canola Producers Commission. In doing so, he has helped numerous farm families with their financial and marketing management, and has applied those management strategies to his own farm operation in both the grain and cattle enterprises.
- currently working as the Provincial Crop Market Analyst with Alberta Agriculture & Forestry.